Thursday, December 20, 2012

THE SECRET

Yesterday while studying for my last exam I paused to watch a youtube video about "the secret". For a while I have been studying people who have moved their lives from living without to living in abundance. And I have toyed with many ideas and dabbled in a couple of things. I have now come to realize that my failures and successes where merely reflections of my thoughts and ideas. I will give an example of my highs and lows and how my state of mind, my drive and my desires determined my outcome. 

In 2000, I had a very brilliant idea, I wanted to study in the US. My parents knowing what my desires were, didn't really discourage me but quiet frankly did not believe that it would eventually come to fruition. What I had was tunnel vision, I knew in my heart this was what I wanted and I desired it so much that in 2004, I enrolled in college in the US. Three years later I graduated with a 3.5 GPA. And to top it all off, I graduated loan free. But in 2008 when I began graduate school, the scenario was very different. I was feeling sorry for myself. I had just lost the job that I thoroughly enjoyed. Eventually it got so bad that I ended up taking two and a half years off from school. Whenever I look back at my life back them, it was as if I expected the scenario to play out the way it did, and guess what, it really did. We are the sum of our thoughts and the life that we live and the blessings that we acquire are all reflective of the thoughts that we think.

So what is "the secret"? The secret is a principle which teaches that we are not victims but we are the masters of our own destiny. We can make our lives change simply but changing our thoughts. And that living in abundance is merely a reflection of us believing that we truly deserve abundance. When I gave myself the excuse that dropping out of graduate school was an option, I dropped out. The same principle applies for so many things in our lives. If you want a husband, a wife, true love, a better job, great health, then you have to claim it. You have to desire it so much that there is no other option but to have it. Have tunnel vision, there is  no plan B because plan A is the only option. 

So how does this apply to the bible. Well most philosophers who speak on "the secret" speak about the universe giving us our desires. But whenever I read the bible, it opens to me the very same laws and principles that if applied will allow us to live in abundance. For example, Hebrews 11 vs 1 says, that "faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidences of things not seen". Isn't that the same principle? If we truly believe that we deserve something, and we truly trust in God's ability to bless us with what we desire, there is nothing that we cannot accomplish. 

So my friends, here I am writing to inspire and motivate, but most importantly, I am taking the step to moving above and beyond. 

One Love
Danni

6 comments:

  1. Nice thoughts as usual....I wanted to address the following section


    "But in 2008 when I began graduate school, the scenario was very different. I was feeling sorry for myself. I had just lost the job that I thoroughly enjoyed. Eventually it got so bad that I ended up taking two and a half years off from school."
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    This is the time when people need the secret/faith most, but it can be the most difficult time to believe...what are your tips for those in the midst of the storm?

    Also, what if your plan is A, and God's plan is B?

    Some easy questions for you:) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danni,

    I found this to be an interesting read. "The Secret" , something I too have pondered, and for some strange reason I am stuck. I am stuck, because I think of some of the things I have experienced in life. Such as at the age of 41, I found myself homeless trying to get back on my feet. I became pregnant for the second time in life and I was truly scared. In order for me to keep my sanity, I choose to finish school. This past april, I got my bachelors and I am currently back in New York and In a shelter with my baby. once again "the secret" pops up in my head and I wonder, why is it a secret, and what is my purpose. I find myself angry at times, because on my return to NY I actually opened up about my past experiences and to me I thought it was rather heroic, but the Irish women I was around began to use it against me. I know there is something deep within me that has to be very powerful, and I must keep going. Forgive me for being so wordy, and I'd like to wish you and myself the best......Happy New Year... the lady from the store

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Guys,

    I am so loving these comments. So happy you guys took the time to respond. To answer your questions.

    J- You are absolutely correct, whenever you are going through the storm, its the hardest time to believe. I call it the crucible effect. But that is the time when you need to become even more spiritually plugged in. By that I mean, those are the moments when you surround yourself with people, books, videos, anything that can motivate and inspire. That is not the time to be talking to friends who do not have anything positive to add to your situation. Read God's words more, spend time to meditate and to pray. Get a gratitude journal and dwell on the things that bring you joy. Those are some of the few things that have worked for me.

    If you are truly in alignment with the Divine, your plan A will be God's plan A. Focus on making your life in accordance with His desire. He will guide you to the perfect route.

    To the lady from the store. Begin to look at each day as a blessing. Again, its like J said, when you are in the heat it is hard to see the end of the tunnel. However, just the way you and I met is a manifestation by divine order, you may not be able to see it, but I do, and God knows it. I know you are on the road to manifesting great and powerful things, but for you to attain this you must first, believe it with all your heart. What ever you can earnestly desire, truly believe, and enthusiastically act upon, will become your reality. To you I say, focus on your dream, and begin seeing it. Also spend time earnestly praying because Gods plan for you is more than you can ever ask, think or imagine. Hold on to Jeremiah 9:11.

    One Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Danni,
    Your plan A could become God's plan A. That may fly in America as an idea but where I'm from some roles in relationships are not up for negotiation. God needs a mouth and probably a big whip. Yawdie parenting. One love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Danni,
    Your plan A could become God's plan A. That may fly in America as an idea but where I'm from some roles in relationships are not up for negotiation. God needs a mouth and probably a big whip. Yawdie parenting. One love!

    ReplyDelete