Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My Struggle With Fear....

I am a work in progress. There are times when I feel as if I am alone with my problems and struggles. Through my blogs and the response that I have been getting from people I am realizing that I am not alone in the way I think, the problems I go through, the issues I am faced with. As humans we are all faced with similar circumstances the difference is how we process and handle the problems we encounter. We all have a destiny, a specific path that we will go on, but few of us are on that path by choice, most of us are simply going with the flow of things.

Fear as defined by the Oxford Dictionary is panic or distress caused by the exposure to danger or expectation of pain. There is positive use of fear for example fight and flight when in danger and then there is negative fear such as fear of something or someone who is relatively harmless. I have a lot of negative fear. It is important that one takes an inward look at self to determine if your fear is preventing you from being happy with self.

I have the fear of saying no to people. I often times feel that I need to overextend myself and live up to peoples expectations. I realized that if a friend asked me to do a favor for them, even though performing that task would take me out of my comfort zone, I would still do it as a favor to not seem like the bad guy. Another problem I faced was I had a hard time telling people how I really felt about something they did or said to me. I would instead keep it in, maybe stop talking to them or turn a blind eye to it. The choice of not being truthful about how I really felt only made me feel more and more powerless. I never spoke with authority to anyone, just being open and honest about how someone made me feel took an extra ounce of energy that sometimes took hours to muster up.

So I am finally taking my strength back. I am finally walking away from being the person in the back seat and stepping and confronting my fear of people. A part of aligning yourself with God is knowing and believing that He has your back no matter what. So why am I fearful to say to someone, listen, I do not appreciate the way you speak to me and no because I am not allowing myself to being used anymore.

Being used can come from many different angles. Your family can use you, especially if you are the major bread winner in your household. Do not be the type of person who bottles it all in and suddenly explode, making people wonder where that burst of anger came from. Instead be very vocal about your feelings and it will amaze you that people will not take it personally, they will instead respect you for it.

I will not allow my fear to hold me back any longer.

Live your dreams and be extraordinary.

One Love
Danni


4 comments:

  1. God has not given you spirit of fear. I'm glad the sound mind the Lord gave you open your eyes to help you see that you need not to live in fear anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is definitely a learning process. One of my favorite quotes is "We would worry less about what people thought of us if we only knew how little they did." I can't remember who said it, but it stuck with me. Find your voice use it. But beware...people may have some feedback on your behavior and or perceptions, so be ready to give, and also be prepared to receive.


    Stay Positive &
    Continue to grow
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was that way way once.....just existing and putting everything and everyone b4 me, now i realise i have to take care of me first, it's still a struggle for me cuz i'm still oing thru the motions of not fearing so much...but with each passing day i realize that fear has cippled me in soo many ways and i just need to take that leap of faith inorder to get to the next phase in life...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this somewhere once and I am not sure who the author is. Be strong and of good Courage.

    "Emotions like anxiety and fear have their roots in uncertainty and rarely in experience. The solution is to do something about that ignorance. Make yourself familiar with the things, the worst-case scenarios, that you’re afraid of.

    Practice what you fear, whether a simulation in your mind or in real-life."

    ReplyDelete